korea guide book

80 YEARS OF KOREAN BEEF-BONE SOUP RESTAURANT : HADONGGWAN/HADONGKWAN (하동관)

Handonggwan is the Korean beef-bone soup restaurant in Myeongdong, which was open in 1939.


The best order is Gomtang, teuk (big size). 15,000 won.

Hadonggwan in myeongdong



Hadonggwan use fresh of korean native cattle, brisket and dried entrails. The boiled this until meat stock comes out enough. It makes the taste very clean.
Hadongguan has several rules as hard as rock.

1. Buy cattle that is only Korean native female from only one butcheries which has been together for 62 years.
2. Only one man, Kim yeonghui, who is the head chef, makes its soup to keep the taste same.
3. Seoul folksy gimchi which made with radish from jeju, salt, shrimped season is only served.


Address : Myeong-dong1ga 10-4
Time : 07:00~16:30, every 1st and 3rd Sunday is off
Phone call : 02-776-5656

Best order of Hadonggwan
Gomtang teuk : 15,000 won


Doesn't it make you hungry??
meat stock flavor fill me too much HAHAHAHHA.



Beef's tenderness and amount make me feel their career so well.


Topping is salt, spicy powder and green onion.
I fall in love with green onion in Korean meat soup at this moment.
Specially here I tasted very fresh and crunch!
A lot of guys from oversea was seen too.


Plaque display on wall here, they got them from Seoul.
I strongly recommend that if you guys visit Seoul!


The 1st floor. Because it was full, we came back lil' bit later. We could get relaxed to be the expedition of good restaurant :)


The 2nd floor. I guessed that place could've been for cater for business men, but it was wrong. HHAHAHAH
They close at 16:30. So that could not happen somehow!


After we filled, me and my friends went to Goguan studio of Hanbok apparels!
I recommend to visit here as much as Hadonggwan for your memory and fun!




I luckily found discount coupon on the internet so you should use them like me. It doesn't have any condition to use.

I will see you guys later with more fun and useful information!

No comments:

Post a Comment