korea guide book

죽향 JUKHYANG, KOREAN STYLE RICE PORRIDGE RESTAURANT IN MYEONG-DONG

Myeong-dong cool diner

죽향 Jukhyang in Myeong-dong, Seoul (Juk : Korean rice porridge)

 Here is the kitty who wandering to look for the eat, the see and the fun!




My story of today is...

 죽향 Jukhyang, Myeong-dong

Before I get there, I searched it like hellcat. It places between Myeong-dong cathedral's 4-way injection and Euljiro 3-ga.





The exterior. It is on 2nd floor.


It didn't seem like very special when I saw the entrance. I decided to walk in.



Interior was much better than exterior ; made me feel in old hanok.
---------------------------------------




I saw a lot of Japanese there because this restaurant has been advertised on Japan. People there were also from Singapore, China, Hong kong and so on. The seemed to enjoy their meals a lot.



There are also tables for sitting on butts. You couldn't possibly get bored. I felt warm and fun from down:)

Here comes rice porridge of Jukhyang! Looks delicious, isn't it? I even forgot to take pictures of these!



Mushroom and oyster / Abalone



brown and glutinous rice / Dried pollack



Crab / Octopus

The owner says she tries to enforce the taste of regional products and not to use artificial seasoning.



Her kimchi and spicy season are home-made. The 10 years experience of being nutritionist would make it possible. More tremendous story is that she joined the Mt. Everest expedition team of the female Korean in 1993! You can see the picture of those on the wall.

A lot of flowerpot and Juk will cure you when you visit here:)

Address : Korea, Seoul, Jung-gu, Jeo-dong 2ga. 72-17

Time : Weekday 07:00 ~ 21:00
         Weekend 07:00 ~ 20:00

Phone : 02-2265-1058



No comments:

Post a Comment